Monday, July 16, 2007

Gyu - Kaku

Gyu-Kaku

As promised, I dined at Gyu - Kaku on Cooper Street on Saturday night. I have nothing more to say than fantastic. Not one single complaint the entire meal, everything was absolutely perfect. Starting with the Miso Salmon, Chilean Sea Bass in a Citrus Sauce, Ahi Tuna, Scallops, Filet Mignon with Ponzu, Enoki Mushroom, Shitake Mushroom, Garlic Mash Potato, Sweet Potato, and Bimbimba. It was the first time in my life I tried Salmon, and it was deeeelish! Gyu Kaku is the proud place of where I tried many varieties of seafood for the first time. If you know me, you know that I am weird about who cooks my food, especially if it was once breathing. Maybe it was because I was a vegetarian or because I am a lunatic, or because I worked at Chili's and Applebees for too long, who knows...but what I do know is I have experienced Salmon, Sea Bass and Ahi Tuna for the first time all under that roof. I think this is all because I was able to cook it myself. Well, what a cook I am! I cannot get enough of this place. http://www.gyu-kaku.com/

I highly recommend everyone and their mother try this place...Make reservations in advance.

(p.s. don't forget the Smore's for dessert!)

1 comment:

my friends call me charlie. said...

they have one in NY??!? i have been to the one in santa monica and there is one also on la cienega (bev hills, i believe) and this place IS absolutely amazing. but you must enjoy cooking your own food or you will hate it. ad i recommend making a reservation if you want to sit immediately. kudos for this find dayna!